True North is hiring an experienced producer and researcher to work on its two flagship podcasts, The Candice Malcolm Show and The Andrew Lawton Show.
An ideal candidate will have experience as a journalist or a chase producer in either a talk radio or television news environment.
You should be a newshound and politics junkie – the kind of person who immerses yourself in current events whether it’s your job to or not.
You will be responsible for pitching guests and topics to show talent, preparing background material on guests and topics, and arranging interviews for the shows.
Candidates with extensive contacts in media and politics are preferred.
As this is a work-from-home position, candidates must be organized and reliable self-starters.
This is a part-time position, with an estimated workload of 15 to 20 hours per week, though specific hours may vary from week to week.
- Communicating with talent and interview guests to arrange podcast interviews.
- Pitching show topics and interview guests to talent on an ongoing basis.
- Briefing talent on news and background information to assist with show preparation.
- Researching topics and stories to ensure shows are able to go beyond the headlines.
- Working with other team members to avoid duplication of efforts and overlap of content.
True North is a digital media start-up published by the True North Centre for Public Policy. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 31, 2019.