True North is a digital media startup looking for an entry-level video journalist. You’ll be responsible for producing monologue segments, interviews, and video podcasts, coordinating with high-profile talent and our social media and video teams.
This is a part-time position for between 15 to 20 hours per week. Here are some examples of the kind of videos you’ll be working on:
We’re looking primarily for applicants with some video editing experience. You’ll be working with Final Cut Pro X and image editing software of your choice.
College experience or work experience in a relevant field (social sciences or video production) is an asset.
- Editing footage submitted by talent.
- Adding graphics for videos using premade templates.
- Clipping written content to provide context in videos.
- Adding stock footage, b-roll, and images to videos.
- Basic colour/audio correction of filmed material.
- Working with talent and staff within the company to maintain quality levels.
True North is a digital media start-up published by the True North Centre for Public Policy. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 31, 2019.