True North is a digital media startup in search of a video editor to assist with video editing and production. The successful applicant will be responsible for editing video podcasts, monologue segments, interviews, and livestreams, coordinating with high-profile talent and our social media team.
The ideal candidate is familiar with Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Suite and other video editing software.
This position is a work-from-home position and applicants will preferably have their own computer equipment. Applicants will need to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Editing footage submitted by talent.
- Adding graphics for videos using premade templates.
- Clipping written content to provide context in videos.
- Adding stock footage, b-roll, and images to videos.
- Correcting colour and audio of filmed material.
- Creating images and motion graphics.
- Managing livestreams.
- Working with talent and staff within the company to maintain quality levels.
- Consulting on video production tasks and reevaluating production workflows as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Experience with video production.
- Fluency with Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Suite or any other relevant video software.
- Moderate experience with graphic design.
- Moderate experience with motion graphics.
- Some experience with streaming video and livestreaming.
- Experience in videography is an asset.
- Experience in politics or media is an asset.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Please email CV to [email protected].
True North is a digital media organization in search of a reporter and news writer to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate can demonstrate exceptional writing skills, is familiar with journalistic practices and has experience in politics or media.
This position is a full-time work-from-home position. Applicants will need to work evenings and weekends as required. Salary is commensurate with experience, and full-time employees are eligible for enrolment in True North’s employee benefits plan.
- Writing news stories on breaking news events and updating them with additional comments and information as the story develops.
- Including a broad range of perspectives and ensuring stories are fact-based and fair.
- Following the True North writing and style guide and other journalism best practices.
- Seeking out exclusive news stories, cultivating sources, and performing research.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Excellent writing skills.
- Thrives under fast-paced conditions and enjoys producing a large volume of high-quality work.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and accept edits and constructive criticism as part of delivering excellent stories.
- Proactive and a self-starter with an eye towards reporting on and writing about breaking news.
Please email a writing sample and CV to [email protected].