100 Christian churches in Canada have been vandalized, burned down or desecrated since the announcement of the apparent discovery of graves found near a residential school in Kamloops, BC.
Since then, three other first nations have announced similar findings of burial sites located near former residential schools.
In response to these announcements, far-left radicals have used this opportunity as an excuse to terrorize Catholic and other Christian communities by targeting churches.
Here is the full list of churches that have been targeted by the radical vandals:
ARSONED OR BURNED
St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Gitwangak First Nation, BC.,
- On June 26th suspected arsonists lit a fire on the door steps of the church, several days later arsonists returned and burned the church completely down.
St. Columba Church, Tofino, BC.,
- On July 2nd, firefighters were called to put out a fire at the church. One side of the church was seriously damaged but the fire was eventually put out.
Saint Ann’s Catholic Church, Princeton, BC.,
- St. Ann’s Catholic Church was one of two churches burnt down on June 26 on Similkameen First Nations territory. The over 100-year-old building was engulfed in flames early Saturday morning. Nearby Chopaka Catholic Church was also burnt down only an hour later. Police are investigating whether the two incidents are connected.
Chopaka Catholic Church, Chopaka, BC.,
- On June 26, Chopaka Catholic Church was burnt down after a suspected arson targeted the building. St. Ann’s Church which was nearby was also burnt down only less than an hour prior. RCMP are treating both fires as suspicious but have yet to determine whether they were connected. The church was located on Similkameen First Nations land.
Sacred Heart Mission Church, Penticton, BC.,
- Sacred Heart Mission Church was burnt down on Monday, June 28. The church, which was built in 1910, was the second to be engulfed in the south Okanagan on the same day. Nearly 40 minutes away, St. Gregory Mission Church near Osoyoos was also burnt down. Sacred Heart Mission Church was located on Penticton Indian Band lands.
St. Gregory Mission Church, Osoyoos, BC.,
- St. Gregory Mission Church was one of two churches in the south Okanagan to have been destroyed by fire on June 28. The church, which is located on Osoyoos Indian Band land, was set on fire at 3:10 am on Monday. Investigators are continuing to look into the incident.
Grace Lutheran Church, Kelowna, BC.,
- On July 10, firefighters responded to a suspicious fire at the church in West Kelowna. The fire had engulfed the entire garage before being put out. The incident is currently under investigation.
Our Lady of Peace, Peace River, AB.,
- On July 3, arsonists attacked Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church with Molotov cocktails causing a fire. According to police, the suspects threw the incendiary devices through the church windows. Firefighters were able to put out the fire with minimal damage to the ƒbuilding.
House Of Prayer Alliance Church, Calgary AB.,
- Investigators with the arson unit are looking into a fire that broke out on July 4 at a local Calgary church. The fire damaged the building externally and also caused some smoke damage inside.
Siksika First Nation Catholic Church, Siksika, AB.,
- On June 28, RCMP and fire officials responded to a fire at Siksika First Nation Catholic Church. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before any significant damage took hold. According to an initial investigation, the fire was believed to have been set deliberately.
St. Jean Baptiste Parish, Edmonton, AB.,
- St. Jean Baptiste Parish church in Morinville was engulfed in flames on Wednesday, June 30. Fire crews attended the building around 3:20 am but were unable to fully extinguish the flames. The church was totally lost as a result of the fire.
Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church, Kehewin, AB.,
- Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church was completely destroyed following a fire that was deliberately set on Friday, July 9. An under-aged individual was arrested and charged with arson following the incident.
Co-Cathedral of St. Patrick, Yellowknife, NWT.,
- Yellowknife RCMP are investigating a suspicious fire lit at the Co-Cathedral of St. Patrick in Yellowknife on July 1. No injuries were reported and the building was slightly damaged. According to a statement from the diocese, the fire involved an incendiary device.
Polish Roman Catholic Church, Saskatoon, SK.,
- A former Polish Roman Catholic Church located on private property near Redberry Lake was burnt to the ground on July 8. A local resident had noticed smoke coming from the historic church’s general location and found the church to be engulfed in flames. Saskatchewan RCMP are investigating the incident.
St John’s Anglican Church, Saint Johns, Ont.,
- On May 12, the 200-year-old St John’s Anglican Church was set on fire after somebody doused the building with gasoline. Local First Nations authorities believe the fire was set in response to recent residential school grave announcements.
Johnsfield Baptist Church, Saint Johns, Ont.,
- Police with Six Nations of the Grand River are investigating a July 5 arson attempt. The suspect attempted to light the building on fire while residents were located inside on the lower level. The resident was able to extinguish the fire and claimed that he heard a car door slam shut before he came outside of the building. Following the arson attempt, residential school survivor Jessie Malcolm condemned the actions.
Saint Kateri Tekakwitha, Sipekne’katik First Nations, NS.,
- A suspicious fire broke out on June 30 on Sipekne’katik First Nations land at the Saint Kateri Tekakwitha church. According to investigators, threats targeting the church were circulating around the community before the fire was set. Firefighters were able to contain the flames but the fire managed to damage parts of the building before it was put out.
Samson United Church, Maskwacis First Nation, AB.,
- A fire broke out at Samson United Church in Maskwacis First Nations on June 19. The church is currently waiting on a final report on the fire. As a result of the blaze, the main floor experienced some interior damage and additionally, the basement was flooded.
- According to Manitoba RCMP, someone reported a fire at Angus Bonner Memorial United Church at 2 a.m. on July 5. By the time police arrived, the abandoned church was already on fire. The building was totally destroyed and police are treating the fire as arson.
St. George Coptic Orthodox Church, Surrey, B.C.,
- Early morning on July 19, firefighters responded to a fire at St. George Coptic Orthodox in Surrey around 3:30 am. The flames engulfed the entire structure and only a few charred pieces of the walls remained. Police are still investigating the fire.
Central Heights Church, Abbotsford, BC.,
- Abbotsford Police Department is investigating a July 21 arson incident at Central Heights Church. A suspect described as 30-40 years old, male, dark-skinned and wearing a bright yellow rain jacket with a grey baseball hat is being sought by authorities.
Little Flower Mission Church, Fox Lake, AB.,
- RCMP are investigating an arson incident after a fire was deliberately set at Fox Lake Community Church on Saturday, August 7, 2021. The building sustained significant interior damage.
- On July 26, a suspect placed two containers of gasoline near St Mary’s Parish church and lit them on fire. The incident caused the side of the church to catch aflame. Police are still investigating the incident.
- Police responded to a report of an individual spraying flammable material and spray painting an alley near the church. Messages made reference to the residential school findings.
- Fire services responded to a structure fire at St. Andrew’s United Church on July 4. The outside of the building was damaged as a result of the fire. Police are still investigating the matter.
According to Fort St. John RCMP a report was received at 12:34 a.m. of a fire engulfing Upper Pine Gospel Chapel. Police are investigating the incident.
Camrose RCMP responded to a fire on Dec. 31, 2022 at the small parish St. Joseph Lutheran Church near the village of Hay Lakes. When first responders arrived the church was completely engulfed in flames. Police believe the fire is suspicious and are investigating it as an intentional act.
St. Bernard Catholic Church, Grouard, AB.,
- On May 22, 2023 St. Bernard Catholic Church was completely engulfed in flames after fires were intentionally set within its premises. The RCMP have since arrested two suspects as a result of the fire. The building remains unsalvageable.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Cherry Grove, AB.,
- On Apr 28, 2023 a fire was intentionally set at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Police are investigating the fire as suspicious after the church was razed to the ground by the flames.
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Barrie, ON.,
- On Feb. 19, 2023 fire crews responded to an arson incident at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. According to investigators a fire was intentionally set on the exterior of the building. One individual has since been charged three counts of arson as a result.
St. Michael’s Hungarian Church, Bashaw, AB.,
- On Feb. 13, RCMP responded to a fire at the historic St. Michael’s Hungarian Church. When they arrived the church had completely burnt to the ground. Police have since arrested and charged two suspects.
Okotoks Alliance Church, Okotoks, AB.,
- On Feb. 5, 2023 the Fire Department was called to deal with a fire at Okotoks Alliance Church. Police are investigating the fire as suspicious and have ruled that it is related to arson.
St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church, Hamilton, ON.,
- On Dec. 31, 2022 police arrived at St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church where they discovered incendiary materials and evidence of arson. One suspect is currently facing arson charges in connection with the incident.
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Catholic Church, Fort Chipewyan, AB.,
- On Aug. 25, 2022 firefighters responded to a church arson at the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Catholic Church. One suspect was arrested in Oct. of that year for the fire. The church was completely destroyed.
St. Theresa Point Roman Catholic Church, St. Theresa Point First Nation, MB.,
- On Apr. 4, 2021 police responded to St. Theresa Point Roman Catholic Church after it was set on fire. RCMP ruled the incident arson and arrested one suspect.
Cross Connection Church, Chilliwack, BC.,
- Police in Chilliwack, B.C., are investigating a fire at the Cross Connection Church that occurred in Sept 2023, resulting in two firefighters sustaining minor injuries. Smoke and flames engulfed the 75-year-old church, leaving it gutted and prompting firefighters to withdraw due to intense heat and thick smoke. The building was eventually demolished.
St. Gabriel Catholic Church, Janvier, Alberta,
- RCMP in Alberta are probing a church fire in Janvier, near Chipewyan Prairie First Nation, as the Wood Buffalo detachment reported the fully engulfed building upon arrival, and witnesses mentioned a silver sedan seen leaving the vicinity around the time of the blaze.
Beiseker Level-Land Seventh-day Adventist Church, Beiseker, Alberta,
- The Beiseker Level-Land Seventh-day Adventist Church, located 10 kilometers east of Beiseker, was intentionally set ablaze, according to RCMP, and although four fire departments responded promptly to the 6:12 a.m. call on Wednesday, the vacant church could not be saved. The Airdrie Integrated Rural RCMP confirmed on Thursday that a fire investigator concluded it was a case of arson, and fortunately, no injuries were reported.
Gleanreagh Church, Barrhead, Alberta,
- Barrhead RCMP and Barrhead Fire Services are jointly investigating two arson fires that caused extensive damage to two churches in the town on Thursday night, with the first incident involving a structural fire at The Glenreagh Church on Range Road 40 in Barrhead, reported to police around 7:52 p.m.
United Church, Barrhead, Alberta,
- At 9 p.m., authorities responded to a second structure fire at The United Church on Range Road 54 in Barrhead, as indicated in a Friday morning news release; despite prompt efforts from fire crews, both blazes were swiftly extinguished, but both The Glenreagh Church and The United Church suffered extensive damage, with no reported injuries resulting from the fires.
God’s Lake First Nations Church, Gods Lake Narrows, Manitoba,
- A church in God’s Lake First Nation in northern Manitoba was completely destroyed by a fire reported to the RCMP shortly before 4 a.m. on Sept. 3. Mounties are seeking tips and urging anyone with information about the incident to come forward.
Church of the Good Shepherd, Taloyoak, Nunavut,
- The Anglican church in Taloyoak faced substantial damage in a fire on Oct. 3, nearly burning down, as reported by the Diocese of the Arctic in its weekly newsletter on Oct. 5, 2023. The Church of the Good Shepherd suffered considerable smoke and water damage, and an ongoing investigation is being conducted to determine the cause of the fire.
Evangelical Free Church, Coronation, Alberta,
- Coronation and Consort RCMP, on Sept. 5, 2023, at 12:57 p.m., responded to a 911 complaint of a structure fire at the Evangelical Free Church in Coronation, subsequently charging a local resident, with arson and mischief over $5,000.
St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Hamilton, Ontario,
- A “suspicious” fire occurred at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church on Edgemont Street South, near King Street East and Ottawa Street South, prompting investigation by the Hamilton Police Arson Unit.
Blessed Sacrament Parish, Regina, Sask.
- A church in downtown Regina was the target of an arson attack on Feb. 9. The fire, which started at the back door of Blessed Sacrament Parish around 3:40 a.m., was quickly put out by firefighters. Fire investigators confirmed that the fire was intentionally set and notified the police. A security camera video posted online by the church’s priest showed a masked person pouring and igniting a flammable liquid on the door before running away.
Saint-Bernard Catholic Church, St. Bernard, N.S.
- A vacant building next to a former church in St. Bernard, N.S., was destroyed by fire. RCMP are investigating the incident as arson. The building used to be a rectory for the Saint-Bernard Catholic Church, which was sold to a private owner in 2022. The former church was not affected by the fire, but the historical society president said there was smoke inside. No one was injured in the fire.
St. Stephens Church, Summerland, B.C.
- A 49-year-old man from Penticton is facing charges after allegedly setting fires at a church and a high school in Summerland in February. Gerrid Perret was arrested by Summerland RCMP and charged with breaking and entering, mischief and failing to comply with a probation order, according to a news release. The incidents occurred at St. Stephen’s Church on Saturday and Summerland Secondary School, police said.
St. Augustine’s Parish, Vancouver, BC.,
St. Jude’s Parish, Vancouver, BC.,
St. Joseph’s Parish, Vancouver, BC.,
St Joseph’s Church, Kamloops Indian Band, BC.,
Cathedral of Mary Immaculate, Nelson, BC.,
St. Luke’s Parish, Calgary AB.,
Sacred Heart Church & Columbarium, Calgary AB.,
Grace Presbyterian Church, Calgary AB.,
St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church, Calgary AB.,
St. Anthony’s Catholic Parish, Calgary AB.,
St. Joseph Catholic Church, Calgary AB.,
St. Mary’s Cathedral, Calgary AB.,
All Nations Full Gospel Church, Calgary AB.,
Holy Trinity Church, Calgary AB.,
St. Anthony’s Catholic Parish, Calgary AB.,
St. Bonaventure Church, Calgary AB.,
Holy Rosary Catholic Church (Polish) – Kościół Różańca Świętego, Edmonton, AB.,
Horse Lake Mennonite Church, Duck Lake, SK.,
St. Paul Co-Cathedral, Saskatoon, SK.,
First Presbyterian Church, Brandon, MB.,
St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church, Fisher Branch, MB.,
Basilica of Our Lady Immaculate, Guelph, Ont.,
Merciful Redeemer Parish, Mississauga, Ont.,
Cathedral Of St Peter-In-Chains, Peterborough, Ont.
Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, Sault St. Marie, Ont.,
Basilica Cathedral, St. John’s, NL.,
St. Peter and St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Victoria, BC
First Hamilton Christian Reformed Church, Hamilton, Ont.,
Mount Tzouhalem Cross, North Cowichan, BC
St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church, Bridgewater, NS.,
St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church, New Westminster, BC.,
St. Joseph’s Church, Radium Hot Springs, BC.,
Paroisse Sainte-Anne-Des-Pins, Sudbury, Ont.,
St. Peter’s Cathedral Basilica, London, Ont.,
Ukrainian Orthodox Church Of All Saints, Kamloops, BC.
St. Augustine of Canterbury Church, Brandon, MB.
St. Francis Xavier Mission Catholic Church, Kahnawake, QC.
Sacred Heart Cathedral, Prince George BC.
St. Philip Anglican Church, Oak Bay, BC.
St. Andrew’s Cathedral, Victoria, BC.
Hedley Grace Church, Hedley, BC.
Milton United Church, Hatley, QC.
Emmanuel Christian Church, Richmond, B.C.
Rapha Christian Centre, Windsor, ON.
Anglican Church, Tuktoyaktuk, N.W.T.
Sacred Heart Church, Langton, ON.
St. Elijah Romanian Orthodox Church, Lennard, Manitoba,
Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Lennard, Manitoba,
Faith City Church, Thunder Bay, Ontario
St. George’s Chapel, Gore’s Landing, Ontario
Trinity Anglican Church, Barrie, Ontario
If you think we missed something, please submit a tip in the form below and we will make sure to add it to our comprehensive list.